Dr. Kordonowy takes a holistic approach to healthcare. Recognizing the importance of diet to meeting weight goals quickly and safely, he offers comprehensive dietary counseling in conjunction with his medical expertise.
Patients who can benefit from this service include: persons who are obese, overweight, diabetic, or have cholesterol/triglyceride disorders. Physician supervised dietitian counseling is often covered by both medicare and insurance.
Dr. Kordonowy is proud to have his patients’ dietary needs overseen by Ashley Wheeler, Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist.
We approach dietary management scientifically using various innovative methods. One such method is our metabolic rate machine which allows us to prescribe the proper caloric diet. Proper weight management is a recognized means of improving a person’s blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Being overweight and having abnormal blood sugar and cholesterol metabolism is highly linked to premature vascular disease including: heart attack, stroke, erectile dysfunction, and leg artery insufficiency.
Top ten reasons to see a dietitian
- You have diabetes, cardiovascular problems or high blood pressure. We can serve as an integral part of your health-care team by helping you safely change your eating plan without compromising taste or nutrition.
- You are thinking of having or have had gastric bypass surgery. Since your stomach can only manage small servings, it’s a challenge to get the right amount of nutrients in your body. We will work with you and your physician to develop an eating plan for your new needs.
- You have digestive problems. Our registered dietitians will work with your physician to help fine-tune your diet so you are not aggravating your condition with fried foods, too much caffeine or carbonation.
- You’re pregnant or trying to get pregnant. We can help make sure you get nutrients like folate, especially during the first three months of pregnancy, lowering your newborn’s risk for neural tube or spinal cord defects.
- Your child or teenager has issues with food, eating healthy, weight gain or weight loss. A registered dietitian can assist with eating disorders like anorexia, bulimia and overweight issues.
- You are strugling with disordered eating patterns, anorexia or bulimia. Our registered dietitians can help you to establish a healthier relationship with food.
- You need to gain or lose weight. We can suggest additional calorie sources for healthy weight gain or a restricted-calorie eating plan plus regular physical activity for weight loss while still eating all your favorite foods.
- You’re caring for an aging parent. Our registered dietitians can help with food or drug interaction, proper hydration, special diets for hypertension and changing taste buds as you age.
- You want to eat smarter. We can help you sort through misinformation; learn how to read labels at the supermarket; discover that healthy cooking is inexpensive, learn how to eat out without ruining your eating plan and how to resist workplace temptations.
- You want to improve your performance in sports. Our registered dietitians can help you set goals to achieve results — whether you’re running a marathon, skiing or jogging with your dog.